Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ch-ch-changes...


Drumroll... I've won the prize for world's slackest blogger for 2014! Standing ovation for that stella performance! The last 6 months have been massive for me and as my list of things to prioritise gets longer and longer, sadly my attention has been diverted from anything internet related and I'm head down ass up in real life and all the fun it brings!
TASSEL+GAINE has been kicking more goals that Laine and I could have imagined. Below is a cute little article GT Magazine put out recently incase you missed it.
My brother and his gorgeous girlfriend of 9 years, Holly, got married in Holly's Mum's backyard last weekend - we partied till dawn afterwards in the gardens at my Mum's house. It was a gorgeous day. They are so in love with each other, it's really inspiring. Mum is selling her house to move interstate so it was beautiful to have one massive party there - her house has been the go-to place for parties for a long time, so to have the last celebration there be as amazing as it was marked the end of an era in the most perfect way.
In a big move for me, I've left my job at Cotton On, and with mixed emotions. I worked with an amazing group of creatives there. I made alot of precious friends, saw the world, designed a shitload of stuff for a shitload of stores (over 1,300 and counting) and gave the many notorious Cotton On parties and Design trips a good nudge - there's so much that I'm really sad to be leaving behind.
On the flipside, the new opportunity that presented itself with up and coming lifestyle brand Mozi is the perfect next step in my career. When they approached me to work with Camilla and her sister Liv, the founders of the brand - there was no way I was going to pass that opportunity up. What these women have created is something I am really inspired by. They are kind, focused, creative, confident and hilarious individuals whose preference of quality over quantity is something I really resonate with.Their taste is impeccable and I can't wait to learn from them and grow with them as their brand grows.
Getting back to work after a decent break between job was HARD. I had put myself on a plane in the time between gigs - eating, sleeping, sketching and sunning myself around the place with friends and family. It was time well spent and cleared the slate from the last 2.5 years at Cotton On to prep me for the exciting next chapter in my life at Mozi.
Fun times ahead. Time to dive in xxx